Meta is a secure messaging app that has introduced end-to-end encryption and various other features in its Messenger. This means that the app is designed to secure the communication between the sender and recipient and prevent any third party from accessing the messages.
Other features Meta has introduced in its Messenger include self-destructing messages, the ability to delete sent messages, and the ability to verify the identity of the person you’re communicating with. These features are designed to provide users with a more secure and private messaging experience.
The company has officially announced the addition of new features to Messenger. The list includes chat topics, group profile pictures, Android bubbles, and more. Here is the full list of features and a short description of them.
- Chat Topics: The first feature on the list is Chat Topics. To help you personalize and improve your conversations in end-to-end encrypted chat, the company offers chat themes. For end-to-end encrypted chats, you can now specify themes, including static color and gradient themes.
- Custom chat emojis and reactions: Users can now fully customize emojis and reactions in end-to-end encrypted chats.
- Group Avatars: Users can now choose different group photos for different group chats.
- Link Previews: Meta added link previews in chat so users can preview a website or page before actually visiting it.
- Active Status: People can use this feature to see when you are online, which helps them decide when to call. You may also decide to disable this option if you want added privacy.
- Bubbles on Android: While using other apps, you can use a bubble (a circle with your friend’s photo) to read and react to messages. When activated, a speech bubble will be displayed whenever a new message arrives.