Google finally started rolling out the first security patch of the year for its Pixel phones. The company already released the January 2023 security update for global units. Now, the Verizon Pixels getting the same software update in the US.
The latest build for these phones includes the January 2023 security patch, Improvements to the privacy and security of the device, including enhancements to the secure boot process and updates to the Android permissions model.
This software update includes:
- The most up-to-date Android security patches for your device.
- Added support for Spatial Audio with certain devices and accessories.
- Additional improvements for fingerprint recognition and response in certain conditions.
- Bluetooth issues:
- That occasionally prevented certain Bluetooth Low Energy devices or accessories from pairing or reconnecting.
- That prevented audio from playing over certain headphones or accessories while connected under certain conditions.
- Camera issue:
- That occasionally caused captured photos to appear corrupted or distorted while zoomed in.
- Display & Graphics issue:
- Occasionally prevented the display from waking or appearing turned off when the device was turned on.
- User Interface issues:
- The device would occasionally display in landscape layout when it was held in portrait mode.
If you are still waiting for the January 2023 security patch in the US then you can check for updates manually from Settings > Software update > Check for updates.