Xiaomi launched Redmi Note 7 series back in April 2019 with Android 9-based MIUI 10 pre-installed. The Redmi Note 7/7S/Pro running the Android 10-based MIUI 12.5 update and will not get the latest Android 12-based MIUI 13 update for the device.
Here, you can now download the Android 12-based Pixel experience custom ROM into your Redmi Note 7/7S/Pro phones and flash it manually.
To download the latest Android version, please meet the requirements:
- Make sure your computer has ADB and fastboot
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Download the latest Android 12 Custom ROM
Unlocking the bootloader
- Create a Mi account on Xiaomi’s website. Beware that one account is only allowed to unlock one unique device every 30 days.
- Add a phone number to your Mi account.
- Enable developer options in Settings > About Phone by repeatedly tapping MIUI Version.
- Link the device to your Mi account in Settings > Additional Settings > Developer option > Mi unlock status.
- Download the Mi Unlock app (Windows is required to run the app).
- Run the Mi Unlock app and follow the instructions provided by the app. It may tell you that you have to wait up to 30 days. If it does so, please wait for the quoted amount of time before continuing to the next step!
- After the device and Mi account are successfully verified, the bootloader should be unlocked.
- Since the device resets completely, you will need to re-enable USB debugging to continue.
Installing a custom recovery using fastboot:
- Connect your device to your PC via USB.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and type
- ADB reboot bootloader, or you also manually do it by pressing volume down + power key.
- Once the device is in fastboot mode, verify your PC finds it by typing:
- Fastboot device
- Flash recovery onto your device (replace <recovery_filename> with the actual filename!):
- fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename>.img
- Now reboot into recovery to verify the installation. Do not reboot into the existing OS, since it will overwrite the recovery you just installed!
- With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Power. When Xiaomi/POCO/Redmi splash appears, release Power and keep pressing Volume Up until recovery appears.
Download: Android 12 Custom ROM (Redmi Note 7)
Download: Android 12 Custom ROM (Redmi Note 7 Pro)
- Download: Recovery image
Installing PixelExperience from recovery
- Download the PixelExperience installation package that you would like to install or build the package yourself.
- Move back your device to recovery mode
- Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data/factory reset, and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).
- Return to the main menu.
- Sideload the PixelExperience .zip package:
- On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin to sideload.
- On the host machine, sideload the package using: ADB sideload filename.zip
- Then press the back key and tap reboot system now.
Stay connected with Android Stories via Socials…
- On Facebook? Follow our page on Facebook now.
- Join us on Telegram.
- Also, make sure to follow us on Twitter.