Google released July 2022 update for the Google Play services. The update includes a general Google Wallet application rebrand with new setups of ‘multi-device experience’ as well.
While Android is mostly open souced and there are many critical features that are powered by Google Play services. The system app works in convergence with the Play Store and Android monthly Google Play system updates.
The search engine tech giant seamlessly updates these three services regularly. You can check for the latest July 2022 update on your Android phone by heading toward Settings > Android version > Google Play system update and on a Samsung phone navigate Settings > Biometrics and security > Google Play system update.
The company released the June 2022 update for the Play system last month a bit later than usual. Google may soon rebrand Google Pay to Google Wallet app with a revamped Material You design. Moreover, Android developers will have new ways to build ‘seamless multi-device experiences’
Google Play System updates for July 2022
- Account Management
- [Phone] The section headers in the Data & Privacy tab of the Google account settings have a new appearance.
- [Phone] Enhancements to in-app support experience.
- [Phone] Enhancements to user interface for Family Link.
- Device Connectivity
- [Phone] APIs for developers to build seamless multi-device experiences.
- Google Play Store
- Improvements to Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times.
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allow faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes and improvements to security, stability and accessibility.
- [Phone] Provide an ability to filter the data plans available to purchase by various categories received from the Carrier.
- [Phone] Enhanced system update flow to show features included in new Android updates.
- [Phone] Updates user experience to latest Google Material design, rebrands as “Google Wallet.”
- Developer Services
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support Maps-related developer services in their apps.