Realme already started rolling out the official Android 12-based realme UI 3.0 update for its smartphones and tablets. Now, the company has started kicking off the latest major update for the realme 8 Pro smartphone.
According to a realme community post, The custom skin-based Android 12 comes with a firmware version RMX3081_11.C.14, the update hasn’t included any security patch but does bring known issues fixes and improved system stability.
Realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12 brings a Fluid space design, new Omoji’s, a new icon pack, a new smart theming engine, Sketchpad AOD, AI Smooth Engine, Floating Window 2.0, a permission control options, privacy indicator, Approximate Location, and more.
The following are the latest changelog:
- New design
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, deliver a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritizes information with different colors to make key information stand out.
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring more natural user experience.
- Convenience & efficiency
- Adds “Background stream”: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
- Flex Drop is renamed as Flexible Windows and is optimized:
- Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- Improves the responsiveness of turning On or Off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- Talk Back supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
The update is said to be live in India at the moment and will see a wider rollout soon. If you have not received the update yet, you can manually check for the realme UI 3.0 update in your eligible realme smartphones by navigating Settings > Software update > Download and install.
Stay connected with Android Stories via Socials…
- On Facebook? Follow our page on Facebook now
- Join us on Telegram to get the latest insights on what’s new in Tech.
- Also, make sure to follow us on Twitter