While Google has already started its preparation for Android 13, there are plenty of smartphones that are still queued to get the Android 12 update. Surprisingly, it seems that OnePlus has also started preparing the OxygenOS 13 in the midst of the OxygenOS 12 rollout.
OnePlus 9 series phones have already received the stable OxygenOS 12 version, while the OnePlus 9R has also started testing Android. And now the company has begun testing open beta updates for OnePlus 8 series devices.
According to the latest information, the OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and 8T are now receiving the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1.
The open beta update comes with various new features for the OnePlus 8 series phones based on Google’s Android 12 OS. While you get excited after reading Android 12, let us tell you that this isn’t a stable build and may cost you your data. So, it’s recommended not to install this update on your daily driver.
However, if you want to download the update anyway, then here are the downloads links for all the devices region-wise. Also, you can check the changelog and the know issues below.
Download links (OnePlus 8 OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1):
- OnePlus 8 (India)
- OnePlus 8 (NA)
- OnePlus 8 Pro (India)
- OnePlus 8 Pro (NA)
- OnePlus 8T (India)
- OnePlus 8T (NA)
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Some third-party apps haven’t been adapted to the latest Android version and may not function properly
- The clock might be missing the dial display when the AOD feature is on
Stay connected with Android Stories via Socials…
- On Facebook? Follow our page on Facebook now
- Join us on Telegram to get latest insights on whats new on Tech.
- Also, make sure to follow us on Twitter