OnePlus started rolling out its first OxygenOS 12 Open Beta for One Plus 9R smartphone. However, other smartphones in this series already received stable OxygenOS 12 based on the Android 12 update.
The company is now finally ready to give OnePlus 9R users a chance to experience the release of the software. The open beta allows more users to experience the update ahead of the stable rollout.
The latest OxygenOS 12 Open Beta for One Plus 9R was announced through a OnePlus community forum post. The latest upgrade brings a host of UI/UX enhancements.
According to the update log provided by OnePlus, The OxygenOS 12 open beta update raises the Android security patch level to February 01, 2022, fixing a bunch of vulnerabilities in the system. It will ensure better system security and privacy.
The latest OxygenOS 12 Open Beta for OnePlus 9R changelog:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work-Life Balance
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
The size of the update is 4GB. However, it is still recommended to update the smartphone while connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection and charging.
Users can wait for notifications about updates to arrive on their eligible OnePlus devices, or they can manually check for updates by going to Settings > System > System update > Check for update.
Stay connected with Android Stories via Socials…
- On Facebook? Follow our page on Facebook now
- Join us on Telegram to get the latest insights on what’s new on Tech.
- Also, make sure to follow us on Twitter