Nvidia started rolling out a new firmware update to its Shield TV, the late Android TV 11 update for Shield TV was carried with some bug issues. Now, the company started releasing another software update for the TV to fixes those bugs.
The latest update approach with build 9.0.1 version, OTA brings:
- Resolves PLEX Media Server issue
- Fixes storage permissions on media player, file browser, and emulator apps
- Fixes stutter when playing interlaced content
Besides these major fixes mentioned above, the latest update includes a bunch of other fixes too. And if you have one of these issues, then you should install this update and see if they get resolved. Check the full changelog below.
Particularly, earlier the company available Hotfix to the users of Shield TV to fix some of these common issues, yet it was not widely obtainable to the devices.
Instead, manual registration is required to push to individual devices. Nvidia has yet to add 9.0.1 to its in-progress changelog.
The latest Android TV 11 brought numerous issues for the Nvidia Shield TV, the key issues occur due to system-level changes to storage that Google introduced in last Android TV version.
These changes caused Shield TV owners to see broken Plex servers, external storage and permissions issues, and other issues. Other then that update also cause some of the applications with content playback.
- On Facebook? Follow our page on Facebook now
- Join us on Telegram to get the latest insights on what’s new on Tech.
- Also, make sure to follow us on Twitter