The Galaxy S10 series is among Samsung’s best-selling S-series phones that were launched in 2019. These smartphones introduced a new design that completely changed how the fans look at its Galaxy-S lineup.
Compared to the previous Galaxy S9, these devices brought some revolutionary changes such as a new punch-hole camera, upgraded camera, a bezel-less look, and more. In software terms, Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus come pre-installed with Android 9-based One UI version.
Moreover, the South Korean tech giant promises three years of Android upgrades and four years of security patches. This is what makes these phones boundless, to some extent, however.
As Android 12 is all around at this time and it brings a bunch of new changes compared to the previous version. However, Samsung has its own tweaks to make in Google’s new OS to cover it up with its One UI version — the One UI 4.0.
After makeup, the company starts uploading its version of Android 12 to the Galaxy devices. As usual, the top Galaxy S-series phones — this year its Galaxy S21 lineup — get a chance to test the new version first, followed by other flagship, midrange, and budget devices.
Being 2019’s models, the Galaxy S10, S10+, and S10e become outdated phones for the Android 12 update. However, thanks to Samsung’s powerful update mechanism that makes it is a quick process and hopefully, the users won’t have to wait that long.
The South Korean tech giant has recently shared the roadmap for One UI 4.0 rollout and according to which, the Galaxy S10 series will begin receiving Android 12 based One UI 4.0 update in January 2021.
Having said that, although the new One UI version will begin uploading in January for the Galaxy S10 series, it will take time to expand throughout the markets.
That said, we will keep you updated as and when Samsung will release the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update for the Galaxy S10 series. (FYI: this article was first published on – November 21)
Update 06: January 18 | One UI 4.0 now available in these countries
Galaxy S10 Lite
- Spain, Panama, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Russia, Bulgaria, Switzerland, France
- Hungary, UAE, Peru, Colombia, Mexico, Baltic Countries, Poland, Romania,
- Southeastern European Countries, Luxembourg, Portugal, Greece, Germany, Netherlands, Italy
- Switzerland, Germany, Panama, Russia, Ukraine, Australia, Caucasus Countries, Luxembourg, Bulgaria
- UK, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Austria, Southeast European Countries, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary
- Baltic Countries, Italy, UAE, Greece, Portugal, Romania, Uzbekistan, Netherlands, France, Spain
- Colombia, India, Nordic Countries, Poland, Korea
- Switzerland, Germany, Panama, Ukraine, Trinidad and Tobago, Russia, Colombia, Kazakhstan
- Uzbekistan, Romania, Slovenia, Baltic Countries, Netherlands, Hungary, Spain, Southeast European Countries
- Portugal, Italy, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Caucasus Countries, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Australia
- Vietnam, UAE, Austria, India, UK, Ireland, Slovakia, Poland, Nordic Countries, Brazil, Korea
- Switzerland, Germany, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Colombia, UAE, Vietnam, Australia, Russia
- Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Italy, Baltic Countries, Hungary, Romania, France, Slovenia, Caucasus Countries
- Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Austria, Southeast European Countries, Spain, Netherlands, Portugal
- Luxembourg, Greece, Slovakia, UK, Ireland, India, Nordic Countries, Korea
Galaxy S10 5G
- Switzerland, UK, Ireland, Nordic Countries, Korea, USA (Verizon)
Update: 06: January 06 | Galaxy S10 Lite Android 12 update
Samsung starts rolling out the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update for Galaxy S10 Lite users. The update carries version G770FXS6FULA and packs December 2021 security patch. More on that here.
Update: 05: December 29| One UI 4.0 Stable rolling out
Samsung released the stable One UI 4.0 version for Galaxy S10 series devices. The update is currently rolling out in Germany and can be identified with version G97xFXXUEGULB. Additionally, it also brings December 2021 security patch for improved system security. Check details here.
Update: 05: December 28 | One UI 4.0 third beta rolling out
Samsung is now rolling out third One UI 4.0 beta for Galaxy S10, S10+, and S10e. The latest update brings bug fixes and several improvements. Read more.
Update: 04: December 25 | One UI 4.0 third beta coming next week
A Samsung moderator confirmed that the third beta of Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update for Galaxy S10 and S10+ will be released next week. That means we won’t be able to see the next beta for the Galaxy S10 series this year. This is what the beta operation manager
Hello, this is Beta Operations Manager. Unfortunately, the 3rd beta opening seems to be difficult today. We will try our best to be open next week.
Update: 03: December 09 | One UI 4.0 Beta 2
Samsung rolls out the second One UI 4.0 beta to the Galaxy S10 series. The update brings a bunch of bug fixes and improvements.
Update: 02: December 05 | One UI 4.0 Beta program begins
Finally, Samsung starts the Android 12 One UI 4.0 journey for Galaxy S10 series as the beta program goes live in South Korea.
Update: 01: November 22 | Samsung Galaxy S10 spotted running Android 12
Samsung Galaxy S10 was reportedly spotted running Android 12 which indicates that the company is working on Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update for this 2019’s Galaxy device. However, we already know that Samsung will roll out this version for Galaxy S10 lineup in January 2022.
(Note: This article is updated regularly)
Stay connected with Android Stories via Socials…
- On Facebook? Why aren’t we connected yet? Go on and Follow our page on Facebook now
- Join us on Telegram to get latest insights on Samsung.
- Also, make sure to follow us on Twitter