Redmi Note 8 is one of the popular Xiaomi budget phones and yet it’s been neglected when it comes to software updates. The device just recently received the Android 11 update which is almost 10 months late compared to the Chinese rollout.
Regardless, the smartphone is now getting a new software update which comes with MIUI version V126.96.36.199.RCOMIXM. Unfortunately, the update is not available for Indian users yet and global users are only getting access to it.
Surprisingly, this software update brings along several new features and optimizations for the smooth functioning of the device. In addition, it also brings October 2021 security patch for improved system security.
Users should receive this update via notification, and if not then you can also check for updates manually by heading through device’s settings and then software update section.
Otherwise, you can also flash the update on your device by downloading it from the given link below. But we recommend you to wait for a while and download the official build.
Here’s the complete changelog of Redmi Note 10 MIUI 12.5.1 update:
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to October 2021. Increased system security.
- (System sounds)
- New: Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
- New: Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New: New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- New: Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- New: You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- New: The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- New: Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
- New: All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- New: Privacy risk scanner.
- New: Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- New: A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
- New: You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
- New: Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
- New: Instant messengers now support floating windows.
- New: Floating windows can be quickly replaced with fullscreen versions of the apps.
- New: App flashcards Show key info when apps are displayed as floating windows.
*Learn more about new features in “Special features”.Advertisement
- New: Convert images to PDF.
- New: Password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
- New: You can share device location with other people in your family sharing group.
- New: Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
- New: A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
- New: Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- New: You can press and hold the function buttons to access more features.
- New: Custom themes for keyboards.
- New: Font weight adjustment options for third party fonts.
- Optimization: Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds.
- New: Wallpaper customization in the lite mode.
- Optimization: Redesigned Incognito mode.
- Optimization: Pages load much faster now.
Stay connected with Android Stories via Socials…
- On Facebook? Why aren’t we connected yet? Go on and Follow our page on Facebook now
- Join us on Telegram to get latest insights on Samsung.
- Also, make sure to follow us on Twitter